The first part of The Bridge exercise is easy but the next part is hard with nothing in between! Really concentrate on getting the first part right so that the next part isn't such a shock to the system (or core!)
- Lie on your back with your knees bent up, arms by your side
- Now lift your pelvis up to make a long line from your shoulders to your knees
- Make sure you brace your core, engage your buttocks muscles and your hamstrings
You could hold yourself like this all day long, right? Like I said, the next bit is harder so make sure you've nailed this bit and feel really strong before you go on to the next part.
Hold for 10 seconds, 3 sets, 3 times a week
- From the Bridge position, lift one leg out straight
- Make sure you've engaged the core, buttocks and hamstrings
- Repeat on the other side
Hold for 10 seconds 3 sets, 3 times a week. When it starts to feel easier, take it up to 15 seconds, then 20 and so on.Why not tag it on to the end of the core workout you already do.